Ben H. Davis
Founder & President
NOW Hiring Heroes, Inc.
6015 Morrow St. East Suite 209
Jacksonville, FL 32217
Office (904) 323-4600
Fax (561) 491-5144
Ben was born in Tallahassee, Florida and raised in Jacksonville, Florida. He is a 9 year Navy Veteran serving on the USS Saipan, USS McInerrney and the USS Farragut. While enlisted he spent 8 of those 9 years of his Navy career aboard ships making multiple deployments before and after 9/11. In 2008 he made a decision to leave the Navy to spend more time with his young and growing family. Shortly upon discharge he faced the reality of the troubled economy, declining job market and struggled to support his family due to lack of work. Fortunately, he was able to leverage some relationships and landed a sales job in the industrial distribution field and then into the commercial property and casualty insurance business, designing risk management programs for large commercial clients. During this time he cultivated many close business and personal relationships with the leaders of some of the most globally recognized and respected private sector corporations and government contractors.
Over the next few years, his fellow veterans that were transitioning out of the military and looking to find a new career path began to seek his advice in order to get an opportunity to prove themselves in the private sector as he did in 2008. After helping his friends in their search for a second career he realized that nothing was more gratifying than helping a fellow veteran avoid the hardships he incurred after separating from the military in 2008.
While assisting his fellow shipmates transition from the structured environment of the military into the confusing and convoluted world of the private sector job boards and overloaded employer websites, he saw their frustrations with these broken models. They expressed to him that after submitting resumes to multiple different websites, job boards and attending job fairs, they rarely even got so much as a call back. There had to be a solution to this disconnect between employers and these highly talented veterans that wanted an opportunity to prove themselves and work their way up the corporate ladder. So he created one.
NOW Hiring Heroes, Inc. was created in the one car garage of a condo in St. Johns, FL in December of 2012.
In it's first days of existence Ben rolled up his sleeves and launched an old fashioned marketing campaign. The multimedia marketing, radio, billboards, mass e-mails or direct mail marketing campaigns weren't going to express the sense of urgency this venture needed. For the first 6 months Ben parked his old pickup truck in parking lots full of high-end luxury vehicles and walked through business parks knocking on the doors of some of the largest and most reputable companies in Northeast Florida. With a handful of flyers and business cards something happened. His ideas were well received and the feedback was unbelievable. Results quickly emerged. Veterans were getting hired by great companies that were committed to providing long-term employment with opportunities to grow. Ben created a conduit between veterans and employers that was mutually beneficial.
Ben created a unique model that has the interest of the veteran and the employers as priority number 1
- A real time placement company that can fill positions in hours not days.
- A company that operates with a sense of urgency and creates measurable results.
- A company that isn't afraid to tell an employer "No" if they aren't willing to give veterans a legitimate opportunity to prove themselves and build a career, not just a 2 week job.
- A company that doesn't factor candidates into an algorithm and takes a proactive hands on role with every veteran they work with.
- A company that measures it's success by how their candidates have helped their clients meet their corporate objectives and increase their profits.
- A company that is willing to adjust their fees to meet the needs of their clients. It's not about the money- It's about the people.
- A company that's sole purpose is to get veterans and their family members hired into meaningful and rewarding careers while simultaneously helping their select group of clients overcome their human capital challenges with the right candidate, with the right skill sets and work ethic and most importantly can meet all of these objectives RIGHT NOW.
The end result is that NOW Hiring Heroes has helped their clients create a veteran hiring initiative that taps into the finest men and women that our country has to offer. Their clients have made an educated business decision to cultivate the next generation of leaders from within their organization. Leaders that understand the meaning of sacrifice, commitment, hard work and loyalty. These are the companies that have invested in their most precious asset and will reap the rewards for years to come.
Updated Information 1/1/2015
In 2014 the NOW Hiring Heroes team expanded their operations becoming a National Recruiting Firm and they currently operate in all of the lower 48 states. This national exposure has allowed them to place just under 700 candidates in multiple different industries with over 100 different clients and a gross payroll of $4.5 million dollars in 2014. Their average annual salary has surpassed the $35 thousand dollar mark and these numbers are currently on track to triple in 2015.